Translate

11.11.2014

Colourfull Hipchain transformed to earrings & accessories

English version is now published!
Colourfull Earrings

Usually, when I'm wondering around the city and the shops, I'll keep my eyes and mind open and my antennas are scanning all the things and items I could find. When I'm scanning the things/items I always think it through and turn it over in my mind, like, could I use this in my DIY-projects and if I could, how I would use it... So, shopping with me might be quite tiring, because I'm turning items and things around and around and I'm thinking and... so you could imagine that It might take a quite some time to shop. The hardware shops are the worst places to go with me, I could spend a hole day there :)

When I saw this colorfull hipchain my first thought was: Oh, Are they melted together (the spacer rings) and then I made a tiny wish, pls, don't be welded, pls, don't be welded. Because if they are, it would be too much work to reuse the colourblocks.

Luckily they weren't welded. Colourblocks were attached with the spacer rings together. Whoopee! Now I was able to reuse the belt and make some earrings and maybe some neclaces too. Super cool!



Note to self: Take always a picture before you start any modification! The belt was something like this...

I was so exited of my finding that I did not realized take a photo of the belt before I demolished it. I'll try to remember do that in my future DIY -projects. Let's see if I'm able to improve my manners. :)

Clourblocks were almost like this when they were as a belt (see picture above). I detached the blocks and I used some spacer rings, beads and smaller grain beads and some earring hooks. I think these turn out quite nice!
Ready to wear earrings - quite nice, right?

Now I have some Christmas presents made already. How nice is that. Some difficulties may accur when I have to deside which earrings are going to be gifted to which one of my friends and family. :) 
The belt cost only 2 euros, cause it was on the sale. Usually I won't by anything new for my craftings or my DIY -projects except the fishhooks for the earrings and of course some other jewellery& beading parts. So this belt was kind of exception.
Poor quality photo- sorry about that: Some details of the teal ones

Some point I will repair some broken bijous and also I'd like to develop to some new ways to reuse left overs of craftings. Like what we could do with small pieces of chains, some beads etc. I will get back to this!
Surerly I'll try to make a step by step photoshoot and guide from my next DIY project. :)
Do you think it's already Christmas card crafting time yet?

   Keychain/Bag accessories




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti